As scientist, Dr. Salcedo contributed immensely to the areas of biochemistry, nutrition, physiology. As science administrator to science policy development, science promotion and scientific manpower development, he has published 265 works and researches in Philippine and foreign science journals.
Dr. Salcedo is recipient of many awards including the Ramon Magsaysay award for outstanding public health nutritionist in 1957; Republic Cultural Heritage award in science, 1966; and the Presidential Pro Patria award, 1969.
During the time of Pres. Quirino, Dr. Salcedo served as Secretary of Health. He was also chairman of the National Science Development Board (NSDB) (1963-1970) and chairman of the National Research Council of the Philippines (1961-1976).
Birthdate:29 September 1904
Died: 20 October 1988
- M.D. University of the Philippines, 1929
- MS (Biochemistry), Columbia University, 1943
Honors and Awards Received
- 1951-UP College of Medicine Most DiStinguished Alumnus
- 1951-Most Outstanding Professional in Medicine - Philippine Board of Examiners
- 1952-Colegio Medico-Farmaceutico de Filipinas Distinguished Award
- 1952-Pasay City Lions Club Distinguished Service Award
- 1952-50th Anniversary Outstanding Award in Nutrition - Manila Medical Society
- 1955-President of the Philippine Ramon Magsaysay Award for outstanding achievement in basic medical science
- 1957-President Ramon Magsaysay Award for Outstanding Public Health Nutritionist in the pase decade
- 1961-Diploma of Honor as Founder - Student Philippine Medical Association
- 1965-Plaque of Honor, the Philippine Co ncil of Science and Technology for outstanding achievement in SCIENCE AND TECHNO.OGY in the past Two Decades winning his country and for hims if acolades and international Recognition in B °CHEMISTRY, MEDICAL EDUCATION, NUTRITION, PUBLIC HEALTH AND SCIENCE DEVELOPMENT
- 1978-Academician - National Academy of Science and Technology
- 1978-Proclaimed as National Scientist - President of the Republic of the Philippines