Having devoted over 6 decades of his life to teaching, research and extension services, Dr. Fronda contributed immensely to the development of poultry industry not only in the Philippines but in Asia region as well. In recognition of his pioneering contributions, he was cited as the "Father of Poultry Science in the Philippines" by the Philippine Association of Animal Science, 1980; and "Father of Thai Poultry Industry" honor presented by Her Royal Highness, the Crown Princess of Thailand, 1982.
Dr. Fronda has no less than 500 scientific articles of great value in the development of poultry and livestock industry. He also authored a textbook in Poultry Science Production for students in agriculture and co-authored a series of books entitled " Let Us Raise Series" for secondary and elementary pupils.
Birthdate: 22 December 1896
Died: 17 February 1986
- B.S in Agriculture-University of the Philippines Los Banos 1919
- MS-Cornell University 1920
- PhD Philosophy-Cornell University 1922
Honors and Awards Received:
- 1919 - Government Pensionado to United States
- 1925 - Plaque of Honor - Philippine Council for Agriculture
- 1933 - Plaque of Merit - National Research Council of the Philippines
- 1955 - Distinguished Service Medal and Diploma of Honor - "President Ramon Magsasay" Republic of the Philippines
- 1955 - Silver Usa - Boy Scouts of the Philippines
- 1957 - Outstanding Alumnus - University of the Philippines Alumni Assication
- 1967 - Bronze Plaque - U.P College of Agriculture Alumni Associations, Inc.
- 1968 - Diploma of Merit - University of the Philippines
- 1969 - Plaque of Honor and Distinction - Better Poultry, Inc
- 1971 - Outstanding Service Merit Award - Rotary Club of Calamba
- 1977 - Pantas Award - Philippine Council for Agriculture and Resources Research
- 1977 - Plaque of Merit - National Research Council of the Philippines
- 1979 - Academician - National Academy of Science and Technology
- 1983 - Proclaimed as National Scientist - President of the Republic of the Philippines