Dr. Magno has done studies on the absorption and fluorescene spectroscopy of crystals, specially rare-earth crystal: effect of typhoons on the distribution of atmospheric ozone, sky luminosity atmospheric radiation, gravitation and the philosophy of science he is a co-author of University Physics a textbook in Physics at the University of the Philippines.
Birthdate: 24 May 1920
Died: 27 September 2003
- B. S. in Mining Eng l g (Cum laude) - University of the Philippines - 1940
- M. A. (Physics) - Johns Hopkins University - 1951
- Ph. D. (Physics) - Johns Hopkins University - 1958
Honors and Awards Received:
- 1993 - First Honorable Mention, Muños Elemntary School
- 1936 - Valedictorian Graduating Class - Nueva Ecija High School
- 1940 - Graduated "Cum Laude" - U.P.
- 1958 - U.P. Faculty Fellowship - U.S.A.
- 1951 - FulbriRht Travel Grant - U.S.A.
- 1957 - NEC-AID Training Grant - U.S.A.
- 1974 - UNDP-WMO Fellowship in Fnvironmental Physics and Ozone Research - U.S.A.
- 1978 - Professional Award in Science - U.P. Alumni Association
- 1979 - Most Distinguished Alumnus Award - U.P. Engineers
- 1982 - Most Outstanding Alumnus Award in Science - Nueva Ecija High School, Alumni Association
- 1979 - Elected Academician - National Academy of Science and Technology
- 1986 - Research Fellowship - National Academy of Science and Technology