In recognition of his sterling contributions to the fields of political science and Philippine social and economic history. The refreshing trademarks of Dr. Corpuz' scholarly journey are an unalloyed fidelity to facts, a disdain for unsubstantiated claims and the courage to challenge existing orthodoxies and familiar interpretations. The depth and breadth of Dr. Corpuz' insights, his grasps, and illumination of difficult abstractions and his intimate knowledge of the original documents make him a model social scientist.
Birthdate: 1 December 1926
Died: 23 March 2013
- A. B. - (magna cum laude) University of the Philippines 1950
- M. A. - University of Illinois 1953
- M. P. A. - Harvard University 1955
- Ph. D. - in Pol Econ and Gov. Harvard University, 1956
- Ph. D. - (honoris causa) Royal Chulalongkorn University 1976